ArcelorMittal is guided by a philosophy to produce safe, sustainable steel, it is the leading supplier of quality steel products in all major markets including automotive, construction, household appliances and packaging.
VIEW ARCELORMITTAL RANGE OF PRODUCTS BELOW
This is a polyurethane product developed by Arcelor for applications where high corrosion resistance and aesthetics are required. The product consists of thick primer (25 micron) and polyurethane top coat (30 micron) on a Z275 galvanised steel substrate. It has a lightly grained appearance which enhances surface hardness.
Granite HDX has developed its position in the market as an alternative product to PVdf. It offers superior colour stability, corrosion resistance and surface hardness to PVdf and is available in broadly the same range of colours. It is currently used by Kingspan for their Spectrum range of products.
Key features of the product are:
- Automatic guarantee of up to 30 years depending upon the environment
- Available in a range of aesthetic colours and metallic shades with outstanding colour and gloss retention
- Nominal paint thickness of 55 microns on a Z275 galvanised substrate
- Excellent robustness for handling and processing
- All metallic shades are automatically supplied with an arrowed strippable film to avoid any complications with directionality of paint flows
- All colours stocked by Benbow Steels are produced to the same colour reference and from the same Arcelor mill as currently used by Kingspan
- Construction roofing and cladding
High Gloss Polyster is widely used in the steel storage and lighting industries. Its high gloss level leads to increased light reflectivity. The product we supply is Estetic® Lighting 82 from Arcelor Mittal. We can supply this in coil, sheet or customised blanks. We can supply these with a strippable film specifically developed for this product, which provides protection during the manufacturing press and is easy to peel off afterwards.
- Very high light reflectivity of other 82%
- Good formability
- Smooth finish and high gloss levels provide superior aesthetic finish
- Surface treatment and paint: free of hexavalent chromium and heavy metals
The Solano® range of organic coated steels has been specially developed for roof and wall cladding applications in demanding situations – including industrial and coastal environments. For greater corrosion resistance and durability, these products feature enhanced UV protection and an extended range of automatic guarantees. And, to ensure quality of life for end users, all paints are phalate-free. Its processability means that it is used in a wide range of construction and engineering applications. It is most commonly supplied with the distinctive Leathergrain emboss, although other finishes are available upon request.
Key features of the Solano® are:
- Excellent corrosion resistance: Solano® is supplied on a special metallic coated protective substrate that provides superior corrosion resistance – even on cut edges.
- Advanced colour fastness: Solano® uses state-of-the-art thermoplastic paint technology with improved UV resistance.
- High aesthetic appeal: Solano® is available in a wide range of modern colours for both large surface areas and accent features.
- Environmental considerations: The Solano® range is phthalate-free and contains no heavy metals. The products are fully recyclable
- Easy to process: Solano® steels can be processed by bending, cold roll forming and deep drawing without damaging the top surface. They can also be assembled with joining techniques such as clinching, riveting and adhesive bonding. The thermoplastic paints provide high surface robustness an ease of handling during any manufacturing process.
This is a structured polyester system developed by Arcelor Mittal for the domestic appliance and engineering industry. In the UK it is most commonly used for the manufacture of spraybooths and boiler casings.
The product is a two coat 35 micron polyester on top of a galvanised substrate. It has a textured appearance.
A key advantage of this product is its durability and ‘easy clean’ performance. It can also be supplied with a protective strippable film, which can easily be removed when the product is manufactured or installed.
Advantages of plastisol leathergrain from Benbow Steels include:
- Product guarantees of up to 30 years.
- Excellent corrosion resistance. The special metallic coated protective substrate provides superior corrosion resistance even on cut edges.
- Advanced colour fastness. The Solano leathergrains stocked by Benbow Steels use state of the art thermoplastic paint technology with improved UV resistance.
- We hold probably the widest range of any pre-painted steel stockholder. We also have the ability to quickly source non-standard colours. A colour matching service is also available.